Thursday, January 28, 2010

Jan. 20th--2nd round for MOM, Jan. 26th, 3rd round for me.

Mom did well with chemo last week, but continues to be fatigued. Her white blood cell count was 1.4 today, a week after chemo--very very low!  We are worried about her and our praying it goes back up, it should, as her Neulasta shot kicks in. Otherwise, Mom has little pain, and little nausea, which is a blessing.

I did my third round of chemo yesterday, Tuesday the 26th.  I really didn't want to go. I forced myself!
At 8:30am I was pricked in the port in my chest to have my white blood cell count taken. At 10am, I saw my Dr. I told her that I was ready to quit!  She said NO WAY!  I said, "Then fix the pain in my back that makes me cough for four days!" She told me to continue taking Prilosec, as the pain could be severe reflux that chemo exacerbates. GREAT!  She said my white blood ount was 8.7, very good. (under 2 you don't get chemo)
Tonight, that pain is back, and excruciating-- typing this is hard.  :(   Flu like symptoms and eye heaviness has started. oh boy.

ON a good note, I went to the Moffit salon and got my new wig right after chemo! The stylist shaved the chicken plucked scalp of mine and fitted me into the wig. OH WHAT A hot mama!  LOL 
I still mainly wear my stylish kerchiefs, my turbans (Jamie said I'm from the desert) and my hats. But when I want to feel normal, I can slip on the wig and have hair!

I am praying for pain relief, join me. And pray for my mom. I don't want my mom to suffer anymore, and I want the cancer to be killed all over her body. If we agree, it will be so!
Keep my boys in prayer- this is hard on them.
Keep my businesses in prayer- that I can keep them running. If you want to help--long distance,
book your travel and go shopping on my booking engines. Always check my prices, competitive with Expedia and the like. And for shopping, big deals in 700 stores that pay YOU, cashback, all for free
Check it out, I appreciate it very, very much.
http://www.zamzuu.com/Default.aspx?wa=marousa

Local friends, please refer my Farm and Petting zoo to you, to all your friends, churches and festivals.
http://www.noahsarkonwheels.com/  

ok enough of the business plugs!  (HEY, a Girl's gotta feed the kids!)

I love you all, I appreciate your caring-- (Natasha, Joe Mango, Linda, Zoe, and my children's school have brought meals here, more than once and you are ANGELS ON EARTH THANK YOU!)
FB friends, thank you for your words of encouragement and supporting me! And visiting me!

FYI
(treatment plan for both mom and I)-- 4 doses (rounds) of AC, two weeks apart. I am on my 3rd dose, Mom is on 2nd.  Then Three week break! Then 4 doses of Taxol, two weeks apart.
That concludes our Chemo! Mine will end on April 20th. Mom will end a week later---IF we get all of it on time and remain healthy.
THEN WE HAVE TO DO RADIATION TOO. 6 WEEKS. UGH. That will go right into the farm camp I do here on the farm-- not good-- summer income needed. But I will get help and keep it going. The children are already asking to sign up from all over, and I can't disappoint them!



Linda, Marousa, Mom and Zoe Dec. 12, 2009- Paul and Nicoles sunset wedding

But let's end on a positive note:  GOD IS STILL GOOD, HE WILL SEE US THROUGH WITH ALL OF YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS.  Love to you all, and We shall overcome!
                                    
                            I see the light at the end of the tunnel!

7 comments:

  1. You are such an inspiration. You are getting through this. It will be April 20 before you know it! The picture of the 4 of you is lovely! Thank you for sharing your story. Big Hugs and Prayers! Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay strong Marousa - You can beat this!!

    from one of your ytb family members

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and remember god does work in mysterious ways. You are an inspiration to us all. Keep good thoughts and I hope your pain goes away soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Marousa,

    From sea (Florida) to shining sea (California), you and your family are in our hearts and our prayers. Prayer does work and God is still on His throne. I've been where you are and understand your fear, your pain, anger, etc. But once you are alone with your God and you quietly call on Him to help you through, HE WILL! Hold on...a YTB family member.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marousa
    GOD has is good and he will get you through this remember he never gives us more than we can handle and your very strong. You and your entire family are in my families prayers you are lovedd.
    YTB family in Arkansas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marousa, first let me say that I LOVE the name of your blog! You and your mom are in my prayers, and I affirm your healing and peace in your body - NO PAIN! Your sense of humor is amazing, and what you've done for so many -and still continue to do - is amazing! God is good and know that his light is surrounding you always! Love, Heather - a fellow YTB'er

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Marousa,

    I'm SO glad that your good friend, Joe "Mango", told us your story today, & encouraged us to read your blog on Good Day YTB! My daughter has gone through your SAME cancer five years ago, when she was thirty - and only discovered it since she was still breastfeeding her youngest at the time. We were VERY concerned, because the Drs. led us to believe that she might not make it, but, like you, our faith told us otherwise! So many decisions regarding the surgery, chemo and radiation - but, because of her three children (the oldest son, now a sophomore in H.S. - the middle son, who has Down Syndrome & Type 1 Diabetes - and her "baby" girl), she knew God would help guide her through them all! Her Doctors advised her to have bilateral mastectomies with implants, even though the cancer was only in one breast - but, she had 2 different types of cancer in the SAME breast, both non-estrogen related.

    It's over five years later now, & she's STILL CANCER FREE (even though the enemy has attacked her in other areas since then - our God has the last word)!!! So, since we know that the bible says that He's no respecter of persons (has no favorites), and that He's the same yesterday, today & forever - I'm agreeing in prayer with you & yours for your complete healing as well as your mom's, in Jesus' name - AMEN!!!

    ReplyDelete