Saturday, January 9, 2010

Chemo Shmemo! is that all you got?

CHEMO SCHMEMO!   The light at the end of the tunnel has hit and I am very grateful. The last few days have been soo much better-- I started singing and dancing around the house! Karaoke!
God is faithful to us.
Thursday my Uncle Lee and Kim came up from port Charlotte to visit and we had a big fat Greek family party!  He had never been to my new home, and it's been 3 1/2 years since I built it!  He brought my Dad's  famous Dandy Day chicken fluffs and massive pizzas from his deli. He indulged us with his creamy cheese cake and it brought back memories of the diners in NJ.
Mom and my sisters came over and their other halves + kids. Mom was feeling fine, a wonderful miracle since she had Chemo Wed. We laughed and enjoyed little baby Aiden!  Linda's new grandson from Marty and Marci.


It's Saturday night and Mom has some fatigue, but otherwise is doing fine. (I made that deal remember?)
I told her my bedtime has changed, so should hers! Who cares??? Listen to your body.. I started to!
I am battling a bit of a cold type symptom last two nights. ONLY at night? Wierd.
I pray it's not anything big that I caught. I cough, and nose issues. NO fever. Anything over 100.5
I'd have to call.

The weather is so very cold for this part of the country-- a whole week of freezing temps at night!
I only ventured out today for an hour-- I can't take it! I froze. We Covered all the plants and have our tortoises wandering around the house, again!   This is Bubba- the largest one. He's got to be 80 lbs. now and is about 18 years old! African Spur Thigh tortoise.
We trip on him daily!

So despite some body aches and this little cold thing-- I have hope that I may suffer the first four days or so after chemo-- but can move on and have a good week after that. :)

My next treatment is Wed Jan 13th, providing my blood work on Tuesday is acceptable and my count isn't too low. (white blood cell count)  "c'mon little boogars, multiply!"
Mom's is Wed. the 20th. (same conditions)

Friends and Farmily: PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES--GET YOUR CHECK UPS AND DO PREVENTATIVE MEASURES AGAINST CANCER. THERE'S LOTS YOU CAN DO--it's better than chemo!
Love you so much! M.

1 comment:

  1. Marousa,
    What a beautiful baby Aiden is. He is such a blessing at this time. Gods timing is perfect.
    Praying for you every day. Hang in there.
    I am so glad you recieved the better, or should I say, the best meds.Emend, to get you through this round.
    Love you,
    Linda
    Trust in the Lord with all of thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
    Proverbs 3:5

    ReplyDelete