Sunday, January 3, 2010

Four days since Chemo invasion

Day ONE and Night ONE was simply wretched nausea and aches and pains.
NO Sleep of course. Flushed face. UGH
Day Two- Neulasta shot. Night two- no sleep-  horrific unending headache.
Called the doctor Friday night--- was up all night with sharp shooting pains all over my body.
Hot flushes, and.... pounding headache. Asked doc about headache. Said it's possible from chemo
but not the usual side effect.  HUH?  Glad to be UNUSUAL!  He told me to take 600mg. tylenol, or oxycodone (which made me vomit) for the headache. And... If I slur my speech to get to the hospital!
Great, thanks!  WELL-- body is feeling like a truck ran it over.

Friday to Saturday night have been mixed with pain, sharp shooting in my joints and bones all over, no notice, no stopping, intermittently shooting. Legs shaking at night from it.
I read that the joint and bone pains are supposed to be a side effect of the Neulasta shot. And not happen for one week after shot.
I"m either early with that, or these are chemo pains! And Neulast bone pain to come! UGH!
My new daughter in law Nicole helps me with laundry and dishes--every task is tiresome and painful.

My dear friend Beth came by Sat. afternoon with ginger carrot soup from the health food store, and herb salad. What a great lunch! A barn party went on at the barn Saturday too. I watched, peering at the window at the people gathered hundreds of feet away to celebrate. "Did they know a woman was in the house battling chemo, writhing in pain? Did it matter? NO and NO. Their little girl had the time of  her life in 55 degree weather at my barn for her birthday. And that's good. They yelled during the hayride and I could hear the laughter......it echoed through my water filled swamp...

NIghts are the worse: Thank God for Adivan. Or I would not sleep at all! I awake every night, every two hours-- and pray  "From where does my help come. My help comes from the Lord. "  
When I think I can't go on-- I just do.

Today is day four- it's Sunday. My kids are trying to be helpful. They're adorable and annoying still at times lol.
My friends in the travel biz text me and ask if they can come up and bring quesedillas. That sounds delish! They arrive and make the cheese and chicken filled qeusas and we laugh. They make sure I don't lift a finger and make me rest in my loveseat all wrapped up.
When the gate sticks open and the goats threaten to leave the property, Brenda, Lauren, Charlotte and Dave get on their coats and follow my son Jamie out to the barn to put the animals up, and hay them.
They gather the eggs and have their taste of farm life. And it was 45 degrees out!  brrrrrr....
All too soon they take their leave.
Tonight I am achy.... like a CAR ran me over.... and the headache persists. Tomorrow I call... i need relief.
In waltzes sister Linda and my Mom!  Chicken and salad and my coveted stone ground wheat crackers I need!  We visit for a bit and eat dinner. The boys are still stuffed from the quesas though.
I look at my Mom... I don't want her to do this too--- tomorrow she gets her port, wed. chemo.
I tell her, "Mom, it's achy, it's painful, but we can do this."  IF I COULD DOUBLE MY PAIN, AND GET HER OUT OF HAVING TO DO IT I WOULD. IS THERE SOME BARGAIN I CAN MAKE LIKE THEY DO IN THE MOVIES? WHERE IS THAT MAN THAT APPEARS AND MAKES A DEAL?

No comments:

Post a Comment