Monday, November 16, 2009

Waiting

I think the waiting is the hardest. Mom has an aggressive tumor, but has to WAIT until
Friday morning to SEE the surgeon. Now we are also waiting for the 2nd opinion of MOFFIT's
Geriatric Oncologists too. That appointment isn't set yet because they haven't called back!
Waiting. Waiting. WAITING! Patience is a virtue! (I heard quickness is too! not really)

I'm going for a heart test tomorrow called a Muggins. (Chemo prep) And on Thursday for a
bone scan and CT. I have no idea how I will get into the 'tunnel.' I just am very claustrophobic
and have only had OPEN MRI's before! WHERE'S THE XANAX! LOL
First they will inject dye into me, THEN in two hours, scan me-- that way on the scan-- any cancer detected in my body will light up like a Christmas tree. That's what I've heard.
THIS IS ONE TIME THAT I DON'T WANT TO SEE ANY LIGHTS! YOU GET ME? AHAHAHAHA SAVE THE LIGHTS FOR MY CHRISTMAS TREE IN THE FAMILY ROOM!

Thank you all for praying-- it's an uphill battle--but WE WILL WIN THE WAR!

QUOTE OF THE WEEK- JAMIE- "Nanny, what's with all this cancer stuff? You gonna be ok?" Nanny-"Yes Jamie, I'm going to fight this." Jamie- "ok Nanny, cuz I don't like it! "

5 comments:

  1. All Our Prayers
    Hey Cous, I just read your email and I am completely in shock. I had to re-read it 3 times to make sure I was reading correctly. To just one of you is sad enough news but both of you? The one positive to all of this is Aunt K's and your strong belief and faith in GOD. I truly believe he takes care of those who have done so much to take care of others. All of us will keep you in our prayers on this side of the state. Keep positive, keep believing and keep us updated - I love you cous give my Aunt a big hug and kiss from all of us.
    George Plakiotis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do George! I know you are on our team! Thank you so much and Aunt Kay gets a big hug tomorrow from all of you. God is with us always.
    xxooo, Rou

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I admire most about you Marousa is your tenacity! I just know you are gonna kick this!

    Definetly on my mind and in my prayers!

    -Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marousa, I love you and boys. If you need any help,I will be on the next flight out of NJ,I like the warm weather anyways. I will be down the 16-19 of Dec. in Orlando. I am planning on visiting you and the boys. In my prayers. Patty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marousa, thanks for letting us go along with you on this journey. I know you and your mom will beat this and have many more years to spend with family and friends. Hugs & kisses

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete