Tuesday, November 17, 2009

JUICING & THE MUGA SCAN TODAY NOV. 17TH, 2009 for Marousa

I woke up this morning and called my mom. She answered and I said, "Cancer Schmancer!"  She laughed!  We exchanged JUICING stories. I said, "Today I had carrots, celery, sprouts, apple, orange,
all juiced together, just not sure that it's good to mix all of that--but since I wasn't doing the juicing, I had haha-- It was very good actually."  Mom said she had done carrots and an apple.  Boring!   (Mom has a great, upbeat attitude as usual.)
We are definitely doing the things we've heard other survivors have done. Mom's low sodium diet and more healthy eating has given her the lowest blood pressure ever for her. Good news! Zoe really got her going on that. She cleaned out mom's cabinets (and brought it all over here! hahahaha for the boys, not me, they can have salt.)
Juicing for me is like an energy pill-- It is unbelievable.

Today I went to Moffit for the Multigated Acquisition- or MUGA test done in the Nuclear medicine department.
Pulling up to Moffit, is like pulling up to the Don Cesar Resort in St. Pete Beach!  The valets greet you at your car and whisk your vehicle away! There are people everywhere either dropping off their cars or waiting for their cars to arrive! The only difference is, when we get inside, we don't go for a massage, or a Pina Colada by the pool and such, we go inside and meet our doctors, our technicians, and seek information and hope for LIFE!!   (Then we hop in our cars and go to the Don Cesar!  LOL) 

My test today would determine whether my heart is strong and working well. Dr. Khapour, my surgeon said it's standard to want to know this for anyone that might be getting chemotherapy.

I was ushered into a room for a perky phlebotomist to draw out my blood. I was enjoying our conversation and happy to have a posisitive person to speak with! Last time I had blood drawn, the tech was a ROBOT--  I asked if I could take her pulse because I though she had died.  Just kidding.
She then mixed it with a small amount of radioactive tracer and 20 minutes later (I almost missed her calling me because I ran down to Starbucks in the lobby and got some Tazo TEA!)  she re-injects the combo into my veins. Now, let me tell you, I half expected to be lighting up like a NUCLEAR reactor!!!  But I was reassured that that was not the case and that the amount was miniscule-- ok, no THREE MILE ISLAND (NJ people will appreciate that one.) 
I was led into the imaging room. Whew! Just like they promised, I would not be in a tunnel. I layed on a bed, and on my left side a large TV type screen came down and hovered over my left side at an angle, but my head was not covered, nor my whole right side. YAY  3 EKG wires attached to me view my heart beat. The machine would watch the tagged blood as it circulated through my heart.
I fell asleep! It must have been the music-- it was like ZEN type stuff lol.
Well, that was easy enough!  I'll post results when I get them!

Hugs to everyone!    "When you walk through the fire, I will be with you."

No comments:

Post a Comment