Wednesday, December 16, 2009

More NewS! And Paul and Nicole tie the knot!

HELLO friends, and friends of friends, and anyone else who has stumbled upon this blog of hope!

It's been a weepy morning. Yes, you heard right!  I weep sometimes  LOL .  I know many of you think I'm made of steel-- but I'm not.  It's been a rough week for me. My best friend was diagnosed with MS, I had a port implanted in my chest on Monday. I saw my chemo doctor yesterday. Mom saw her surgeon for her follow up yesterday with Linda and Russ. And Mom sees a chemo doc today at Morton Plant, which I will attend, with Linda too. CRAZY HUH?
But in the midst of all of it,  some Sunshine!!   This past Saturday, Dec. 12th-- Paul and Nicole (my eldest son) were married in a sunset wedding ceremony on the beach in Sand Key, FL.  God was blessing us with this gorgeous day, sunset and time together!  I love them sooo much!

Meanwhile, Mom has had a wonderful recovery from her surgery. Miraculous to say the least! HARDLY TOOK ANY PAIN MEDS. "SHOWED ME UP." HAHAH
She had her drain taken out yesterday by Dr. Blumenkrantz (Linda said it was painful!) OW
(Then they all met up with Zoe and Billy's after that appointment to get "healthy and encouraged!" 
Zoe is a blessing with her research she does and working at the health food store. Linda and Russ have renovated Mom's bathroom and organized her house spic and span!  What a blessing! )
Dr. Blum***  referred her to an oncologist for chemotherapy, and that appointment is today.

This past Monday, I reported bright and early to Moffit to have my port implanted. Of course it had to be eventful!!!  They couldn't get the IV in because I hadn't drank anything (dehydrated) as per their instructions. The nurse said she had to hold it in place and didn't mind going into the O.R too.
They shot some sedative into the IV as well as an anitbiotic. As they were wheeling me in, my hands
and feet began to itch incessantly!  "Hey um, itchy.. I'm itchy!  OOO Scratch my feet!" 
The nurse lifted my blanket once we got to the ER--  HIVES AND RED BLOTCHES ALL OVER ME!
AY VAY!  I could hear them, "She's allergic to the antibiotic people, we need benadryl!"
Then I yelled, "Ow, my arm, my arm! "  The I.V. had infiltrated and was pumping fluid into my
tissue, not my vein. It had a big puffy liquid spot under my skin, and PAIN.  "Take your time" the nurse told the surgeon, "I have to put in a new IV, she's infiltrated."   Then, I was out!
I woke in the recovery room, 25 minutes later. This lump was on the left part of my chest, and right under the base of my neck on the left. Clear tape like bandage covered the whole thing. OUCH.
It's red and black and blue today and hurts-- but I need to toughen up!!

Tuesday-- Back to Moffit for me to meet my chemo doctor and ask her mega questions!!
1- I'm terrified of chemo!  I told her flat out-- I have big anxieties over it.  She said it was normal
and that she was 99% sure I would be fine with all of it and even NOT suffer horrific side effects. I am healthy she said. She said she'd give me adivan in my cocktail.  COCKTAILS ANYONE?  LOL
2- My supplements!  Why can't I take them during chemotherapy?  She said that she was NOT against them during chemo, but that I had to cut down so as not to tax the liver. The liver assimilates the chemo and could be "over run" with supplements and chemo all together. She approved my multi vitamin/spirulina whole food base, and my COQ10.  She asked me to wait till after chemo for the rest.
I felt better!
3- DO I HAVE TO START BEFORE CHRISTMAS?  Well, the sooner the better she said. But...
Have a great holiday and I will see you on the 30th!!!  oh boy, a Christmas reprieve!
4-CHEMO SCHEDULE = EVERY  two weeks. I will go get bloodwork done, then report for
chemotherapy infusion, as long as my blood work looks healthy. Right now it's peak/wonderful.
Heart tests great too.
I will receive AC chemo infusion for a couple of hours. Then return the next day for a red blood cell shot booster.  I will do this for 4 rounds. (every two weeks, four times.) Then 3 week break.
Then, a different chemo drug,  TAXOL, every week for 12 weeks. Bout five months total. 
OH HORRORS === I'M TRYING TO STAY POSITIVE! AND LEAN ON GOD!
5- She looked at my port site (this is where my chemo IV will be poked through my skin into the port
so as not to have an IV in my arm every time.) and said it looked a little red and that the anti
allergy tape dressing still irritated me. I told her about the antibiotic reaction too.

TODAY WE'LL SEE WHAT MOM'S CHEMO DOCTOR SAYS. 

GOD IS STILL GOOD -- KEEP PRAYING--- LOVE TO ALL!! 

1 comment:

  1. Marousa,
    Everyone is waiting to hear from you. What is going on? Please remember "THE LORD WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU OR FORSAKE YOU"

    ReplyDelete